My Nectar List
“What’s a nectar list”, I hear you ask?
Well, it’s like a bucket list, in reverse. Not a list of things you want to do, but a list of things you have done that have added happiness, soul, purpose …. life to your life. I didn’t make it up, so don’t give me the credit/blame. That’s just what it’s called, OK?
This list is in no particular order and I certainly hope I will be adding to it as time goes on! And I apologise now to my Mum if she reads this and finds out something she wishes she hadn’t.
- I hitched from Bath, UK to Paris, France with a man I had known for five hours;
- I have slept rough under the Eiffel Tower …
- … and on the front step of a bakery in Rouen;
- I have drunk wine, from the bottle, at the top of the Eiffel Tower;
- I have had a loaded gun pointed at me;
- I came close to being sued by the government;
- I was woken up, hung over, by a phone call from Tony Robinson (of Baldrick and Time Team fame);
- I received a handwritten postcard from Jo Brand;
- I have touched Errol Brown’s thigh;
- I stayed up and partied for a full 24 hours to see in the Millennium in every country;
- I got drunk and danced on tables to an Oompah Band;
- I missed an interview for university so I could go to a concert in London;
- I have sold church candles to Neil Tennant …
- … and crockery to Ruby Wax …
- … and coffee to Leo McKern (Rumpole of the Bailey);
- I attended an amazing Wheel of the Year workshop run by Glennie Kindred;
- I took my eldest child out of school and my middle child out of nursery to home educate them and their younger brother;
- I have appeared on TV three times;
- I ran a national student campaign against a piece of legislation the Tory government of the day were trying to pass quietly;
- I was the first person in the UK to receive the “Certificate of Sound Therapy” qualification (equal to one year’s study at degree level);
- I have an Honours degree in Religion and Sociology …
- … and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education;
- I did 3 weeks work experience for a Labour MP and ended up chairing a policy meeting on Women’s Health;
- I was Head of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics at the largest secondary school in the UK;
- I wrote my wedding ceremony;
- I met Floella Benjamin when accompanying some of my students to an Amnesty International prize giving in London;
- I made a 3D cast of a Premier League footballer and his wife holding hands;
- I have birthed three wonderful children who each dance to their own drum.
I’d love to hear about the things you’ve done that have put the living into life!