TMI – a Meme
Yesterday, Rachel over at RachelMarie tagged me in the TMI meme. I was initially a little wary of what I was going to have to answer given its name, but as it happens, this is a fairly painless list of questions that will give you a little bit more harmless info about the bloggers you like to read. Here we go …
1. what are you wearing? black leggings, long purple skirt, black and grey top, black floral DMs and a collection of bracelets
2. Have you ever been in love? yes, once or twice. Still in love with Stonelaughter after 11 years of marriage
3. Have you ever had a terrible break up? pretty dreadful, yes
4. How tall are you? 5’7″
5. How much do you weigh? too much!
6. Any tattoos? Three, all on my back. One is a triple moon symbol, one is my own creation representing “woman” and my first was a Chinese character meaning “myself”. I’m currently planning my next tattoo, for my 40th birthday, which I think will be a goddess design
7. Any piercings? Yes, although they are all currently empty. One in each ear, an extra just above the first in my right ear (which I think has healed over), one at the top of my right ear, my nose and my belly button.
8. OTP? I had to look this up to see what this meant! Now I know, but I don’t really have an answer. Oh, I do. Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy.
9. Favourite show? Suits, Silent Witness, Ripper Street
10. Favourite bands? I like all kinds of music from Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald to Kaiser Chiefs, Bon Jovi and GnR. I’m very much less keen on boy band pop though.
11. Something you miss? My sanity
12. Favourite song? This changes with my mood and I’ve never been able to pin down an all time favourite
13. How old are you? 40 next month
14. Zodiac sign? Gemini
15. Quality you look for in a partner? Sense of humour, similar ideology
16. Favourite quote? Woman changes the world when she gives birth to herself
17. Favourite actor? Again, no one favourite. James Nesbitt, Martin Shaw and Emilia Fox are actors who are guaranteed to get me checking out a show though.
18. Favourite colour? sage green
19. Loud music or soft? both, depending on mood. Loud in the car.
20. Where do you go when you are sad? Sherwood Forest – it always lifts my spirits
21. How long does it take you to shower? It depends on whether I’m having to be as quick as possible, or if I can take my time. Also on whether I’m trying to escape bedlam. I can shower in 5 minutes, but prefer to be much longer.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Depends on whether I’m putting on makeup (add a whole 5 minutes) or covering my hair (another 5 minutes). Generally 20 minutes max. It’s getting everyone else ready that is time consuming.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? no, thankfully
24. Turn on? humour, subtlety, imperfectness, being crafty (ie able to make things, rather than being sly!)
25. Turn off? being too polished, smugness, intolerance, narrow-mindedness, vanity, the list goes on and on.
26. The reason I started blogging? I needed an outlet for the internal monologue that accompanies me everywhere
27. Fears? fears – something bad happening to my children. I also have arachnophobia, which isn’t simply a fear, and can be quite controlling at times.
28. The last thing that made you cry? pain from my fibromyalgia
29. The last time you said you loved someone? 10 minutes ago, to PK
30. Meaning of your blog name? Barefoot Mahala – Mahala means “woman”. Barefoot is a reflection of the fact that I am involved with Barefoot Books, but more than that it is about the kind of life I like to lead – simple, nature filled, in touch with the earth. So – Barefoot Woman
31. Last book you read? The Allotment Book*by Andi Clevely, which is a constant go to at the moment. I have several novels on the go at the moment.
32. The book you are currently reading? The Forgotten Daughter*
33. The last show you watched? Marooned.
34. Last person you talked to? My husband Stonelaughter.
35. The relationship between you and the last person you texted? that was my husband too.
36. Favourite food? hmn that’s a hard one – I like good food, with fresh ingredients that isn’t overly complicated. I’m not fond of gallons of sauce or gravy and such, but what I like most varies a lot. Homemade meatballs with spaghetti, crispy chilli beef, rogan josh, roast pork – but it all has to be gluten free of course
37. Place you want to visit? Nepal
38. The last place you were? I’m not sure what this question means, or if it’s just badly phrased. I went out for dinner with my parents yesterday, spent time at the allotment the day before. The last place I was other than the town I live in was Oxford a week ago
39.Do you have a crush? No. Think I’m a bit old for that lol.
40. Last time you kissed someone? PK, ten minutes ago
41. Last time you were insulted? To my face? I’ve no idea. Other than that, who knows (or cares?)
42. Favourite flavour of sweet? I really like sour sweets – properly sour sweets, not these imposters you get these days. If you can eat a sour sweet without wincing then it’s not sour. A properly sour sweet causes pain along your jaw bone.
43. What instrument do you play? I used to play descant recorder, tenor recorder and clarinet. I’m currently getting to grips with the Native American style flute my husband made for me.
44. Favourite piece of jewellery? My wedding ring, which we designed together
45. Last sport you played? does Geocaching count?
46. Last song you sang? Ra Ra the Noisy Lion. In terms of proper songs it was R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
47. Favourite chat up line? I don’t like chat up lines. I don’t like anything that is that contrived
48. Have you ever used it? no
49. Last time you hung out with somebody? Today with PK and Stonelaughter