Lemon and Ginger Crunch
This is a lovely summer gluten free dessert, lighter than cheesecake and very easy to make.
- 100g gluten free digestive biscuits
- 50g demarara sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tblsp lemon curd
- 50g meringue, crushed into small pieces. Use mini meringues for extra crunch or meringue nests for chewiness.
- grated rind of half a lemon (preferably unwaxed)
- Crush the digestive biscuits (with a pestle and mortar, or in a bag with a rolling pin).
- Place in a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and ginger.
- Add the melted butter and stir until all the biscuit mix is coated with the butter.
- Line the bottom of a 20cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper and spread the biscuit mix evenly across the base, using all the mix.
- Press down firmly and then chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Whip the double cream until thick and fold in the lemon curd.
- Carefully mix in the crushed meringue and then spread this mix over the chilled base.
- Return to the fridge for 2 hours.
- Before serving, decorate the top with the grated lemon rind.